PDA

View Full Version : Want to set up Stingray tank.

Mr. Eel
05/09/2017, 08:22 PM
I want to set up a 350 gal stingray tank that will be 6 by 3 by 2 feet with the bottom surface area being 18 ft. I was wondering wether or not cortez ray is my best bet for hardiness and smallness, what kind of sand should I get, and what else I can put with the ray I was hoping for a zebra moray a porcupine puffer and a clown trigger. Also if anyone else knows a good place to buy these rays that would be helpful.

Moto_fish
05/10/2017, 03:43 AM
I don't know much about rays, but I know that the clown trigger is going to be a real bad idea.

Diokhan
05/10/2017, 07:19 AM
Your bottom surface area will not be 18 sqft depending on how much rock you put in for the eel. You will want a very minimalist look to the tank with lots of open area for the ray, so you will also want to supplement your biofiltration. As for the puffer and trigger - they should be left out because they will most likely both pick at the ray. If that's not an option, skip the ray. As for hardiness and size, they do stay fairly small at a disk width of about 12" and are fairly hardy.

Mr. Eel
05/10/2017, 07:22 AM
Thats sad I saw a baby trigger on live aquaia divers den and it looked pretty epic, but I have heard they may pick at the eyes. Anyone else know anything about rays?

Mr. Eel
05/10/2017, 07:23 AM
also for the eel could I do a PVC system under the sand with not too much rock to keep him occupied while the ray had his open tank?