PDA

View Full Version : Need Euphyllias

Deezill
05/10/2017, 12:20 AM
Hello RC peeps. I am looking to purchase some Euphyllias. hammer corals, frogspawn etc. I would like an online store because my LFS really does not have what I am looking for. SO where are you guys purchasing your Euphyllias from? I am so excited because i am finally ready to take my tank to the next level. Please suggest some shopping spots. Live aquaria was sold out of frogspawn last time I checked. Thanks in advance.

theshaman
05/10/2017, 12:55 AM
Tidal gardens, wwc, cherry corals, battle corals, vivid aquarium

jstack
05/10/2017, 02:45 AM
Hello RC peeps. I am looking to purchase some Euphyllias. hammer corals, frogspawn etc. I would like an online store because my LFS really does not have what I am looking for. SO where are you guys purchasing your Euphyllias from? I am so excited because i am finally ready to take my tank to the next level. Please suggest some shopping spots. Live aquaria was sold out of frogspawn last time I checked. Thanks in advance.
before you blow the bank on shipping I notice you are from a large city you may want to check out the local reef clubs Euphyllias are great pickups at frag-swaps

Deezill
05/10/2017, 07:30 AM
Thanks guys for the awesome answers. I never thought about local reef clubs. I browsed Tidal Garden they have very nice corals.

Silly clownfish
05/10/2017, 09:59 AM
I second the suggestion to get frags from a local reefer. Euphyllia tend to grow fast in the right setup and I often need to prune mine. I take them to a LFS for trade and the owner has told me that he has noticed issues with wild gathered torches recently. I forget the details, but apparently they are prone to some kind of bacterial infection that is making them not handle shipping as well as they used to. It sounds kind of like how fish are exposed to ick in the wild with little effect, but some succumb to it in shipping and captivity. He told me he is now holding incoming torches for an observation period upon arrival.

Deezill
05/15/2017, 08:01 AM
So I took the advice from you guys found a local reefer and got some Euphyllias. I will put some picture up soon. Thanks.