PDA

View Full Version : corilife 32 led bio cube growing coral.?

cap23244
05/14/2017, 02:56 PM
what's the verdict on the stock coralife 32g bio. lighting on coral growth .?
I know just some soft corals but what are you honest options and results with the setup.
just wondering if it's worth buying.
thanks

TexChuck
05/15/2017, 03:31 PM
Here's my experience with 3 months under my belt on stock coralife 32 LED's. I decided to upgrade, and am hoping to get around to installing the Steve's LED's retrofit tonight.

First frags:

Mushroom -> more than 2x in size, 1 is now 3
Acan frag -> no growth

More recent frags:

GSP -> growing rapidly
Zoanthid colony -> moderate growth
Hammer Coral colony -> slight growth

cap23244
05/15/2017, 06:01 PM
that's what I thought. lighting no strong. I might just skip a cube. or find a used one with pc or t5s.

TexChuck
05/16/2017, 02:49 PM
Welp, if you decide you ever want stock cube lighting, I have some stock lights I'll send you !!

(swapped out for retrofit's last night)

One thing I've noticed without any tweaking on the new lights is just how white the stock cube lights are. There's a HUGE difference, and I haven't turned the new ones up past 30%.

rajilnaja
05/18/2017, 01:35 PM
We ran them for quite sometime, and they were just okay at best. Grew some montis, birdnest and ducans fairly well. But only get about 300 PAR like 1 inch from the light and about 50 on the sandbed. We recently removed the hood and just went with blackbox leds

ReefWreak
05/18/2017, 02:22 PM
It's not worth buying. Buy a 40 gallon breeder tank and buy or build equipment for that.

Small tanks are very unforgiving, and because of the smaller size, require much more maintenance than larger tanks.

If you're definitely doing a nano, then they're good tanks, just replace the pump, the lights, add additional flow, and buy a skimmer that fits into the back. Then you'll get more comfortable with the tank. They will grow corals though. Check out my tank thread (though FYI I've never used the stock lights, I bought my tank second-hand with aftermarket LEDs already installed in it)

cap23244
07/10/2017, 06:28 PM
Welp, if you decide you ever want stock cube lighting, I have some stock lights I'll send you !!

(swapped out for retrofit's last night)

One thing I've noticed without any tweaking on the new lights is just how white the stock cube lights are. There's a HUGE difference, and I haven't turned the new ones up past 30%.

do you still have the stock led lights from the 32 bio cube.? I am interested in them. please contact me
thanks