PDA

View Full Version : pest corals - celebrity death match

norfolkgarden
05/16/2017, 06:31 PM
After too many out of town work trips we have a tank that is mostly mushrooms.

Interested in easy-care corals that won't harm the mushrooms.

So far several green varieties of Kenya tree are fine without exploding everywhere. (4 months)

Grandis paly's grow respectably without overpowering anything yet.

Eagle Eye zoa are fine but most of the other zoas are being attacked by that beautiful flame angelfish that I can't seem to capture.

Neon green sinularia is still just small frags.

Tan gorgonian that won't die gets trimmed back and replanted to maintain a general bushy shape / area instead of a long thin strand.

Nope, it hasn't reached the point that I'm going to add some colorful majano's to the tank. lol
But I realize that's one of the few remaining steps left.

Curious about whether Xenia will over grow and shade out mushrooms or if the mushrooms will hold their own side by side.
Same question with the silver or blue anthelia.

Same question for the small blue star polyps to cover the rocks where the coralline algae hasn't filled in yet.
lol do the small blue star polyps attach better to coralline algae or bare rock surface?

Green star polyps are currently limited to a single Rock.

We have a few 1/2" tall electric green clove polyps.
But none of the tan soft-bodied clove polyps.

Will the mushrooms simply spread over these or be overpowered by them?

Thanks!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170517/dba6d1bc779dd2af19d99a94fa75bee0.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170517/cc795135f6c27f3a73b7bdb7ad73e5f5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

spec33
05/16/2017, 06:42 PM
I had some anthelia in my tank and it spread everywhere. I would move the main frag to one spot then within a few days it would attach to the main rock and stick. Then any piece that came off would just float around stick then spread. I got rid of the anthelia. It looks nice but can get annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

norfolkgarden
05/16/2017, 07:43 PM
yep, we had it in our last tank before the crash when the DSB finally stopped absorbing everything.
( never realized that was how they worked at the time. 2 years of SPS growth became an algae infested mess once it was saturated)

Trying to find out if the mushrooms will simply spread and shade the other soft corals or vice versa.

the soft tan clove polyps would pop up in between the Zoa's back in the other tank.

We never had mushrooms back then.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk