PDA

View Full Version : New tank, different room, want to use same Apex controller

EthanKyle
05/18/2017, 10:32 PM
So I'm setting up a new tank in my living room and I want to use the Apex controller I use on a tank in my home office. I know I can use a 15 ft aquabus cable to connect another EB8 and setup my modules from there. The problem is I want to run the cables thru my walls and attic for a seamless clean look. A 15 foot cable will not be enough. Fortunately, the spot in the living room for my tank and my home office are close to each other. But running the cable through the wall and up through the attic across a hallway, means I would need at least two cables. Do they sell an aquabus cable longer than 15 ft? What are my options?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bif24701
05/18/2017, 11:19 PM
So I'm setting up a new tank in my living room and I want to use the Apex controller I use on a tank in my home office. I know I can use a 15 ft aquabus cable to connect another EB8 and setup my modules from there. The problem is I want to run the cables thru my walls and attic for a seamless clean look. A 15 foot cable will not be enough. Fortunately, the spot in the living room for my tank and my home office are close to each other. But running the cable through the wall and up through the attic across a hallway, means I would need at least two cables. Do they sell an aquabus cable longer than 15 ft? What are my options?

They do sell a USB cable that will support the APEX that is longer than 15'. Should be able to find a cable with both male/female connections if needed also.
Search amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EthanKyle
05/18/2017, 11:48 PM
Searched Amazon and found an Apex 30' cable. Thanks. Now the fun begins running the cable through the walls.

Ikserk
05/21/2017, 07:51 PM
be sure that the 30' cable does NOT have an active repeater built into it. it could fry the aquabus ports