PDA

View Full Version : Need help first sump aquarium

Tervos
05/21/2017, 04:48 PM
Hello everyone new to the game here and I'm setting up a mixed reef tank and I need some help to make sure everything is going okay and the tools I have will work.

So I have a 150 gallon tank and these are the tools I have for it

150 gallon tank 48 inch by 24 by 30 deep
Trigger Systems Emerald Sump - 34 inch (which I want to run a fuge in the middle compartment)
Aquamaxx Cones Q Protein Skimmer
CPR CS102 Overflow Box for plumping
Reef Octopus VarioS-6 Controllable DC Circulation Pump for a return pump
EcoTech Marine VorTech MP40wQD Propeller Pump for flow in the tank
BRS GFO & Carbon Reactor - Deluxe with MJ1200 Pump
2 x current USA orbit marine IC LED Aquarium light with controller

I believe this should get me going to a point where I can put live sand and rock in the tank and get the filtration cycle

After I recoup a bit I also want to get the Neptune Systems New APEX Wi-Fi Controller System and use this as aneeded ATO system as well

Let me know if I am missing anything or if anyone has any other ideas
Thanks

Xxero
05/21/2017, 05:01 PM
My first thought is a heater (which you probably just forgot to mention), and I would suggest either drilling your tank or having it drilled while it is still empty.

If you're not interested in drilling, then it looks like a good start to me. :bigeyes:

Tervos
05/21/2017, 05:23 PM
I don't believe I can it's tempered glass

Neptune_Fan
05/21/2017, 05:29 PM
You mentioned that you are looking to keep a mixed reef. You may want to reconsider that light choice, not sure those will be capable of keeping SPS. I looked at them at Reef A Palooza this year and although they "look nice" the reviews I saw were not that great and I ended up buying different lights for my tank.