PDA

View Full Version : Booster Pumps RO/DI

Darlene8
05/22/2017, 12:33 PM
I have low water pressure coming into my RO/DI unit. I live in an apartment complex so at times the pressure gets pretty low. I hooked up a booster pump thinking that should take care of my problem. However, it has not changed my pressure much at all. According to my gauge, I am running at approximately 26 PSI which I know is considerably too low. Can I adjust the screw on top of the pump to help this ? Or do I need to do something else ?

scuzy
05/22/2017, 01:24 PM
Well do you have your good waste ratio set to 4:1? I'm thinking you are releasing to much waste. Do you have the proper flow restrictor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Randy_BRS
05/22/2017, 05:15 PM
I have low water pressure coming into my RO/DI unit. I live in an apartment complex so at times the pressure gets pretty low. I hooked up a booster pump thinking that should take care of my problem. However, it has not changed my pressure much at all. According to my gauge, I am running at approximately 26 PSI which I know is considerably too low. Can I adjust the screw on top of the pump to help this ? Or do I need to do something else ?

Hey there!

I'm sorry you are having problems with your booster pump. :( There are some troubleshooting checks we can do to double check your pump is running correctly. :)

The first thing to note, is that these booster pumps do require a minimum of 20-PSI to function correctly, which sounds like you are pretty close to that threshold and could be a possible cause of the problem. However, I would still check that the booster is plumbed correctly. That is, if you stand the pump up with the RODI connections at the top, the water must flow from right to left.

So, if you mount the pump on the wall, with the connections upwards, your line from the sink will plug into the right connection and exit to the left out to your RODI unit. ( There is a water flow direction indicator arrow on the top as well, to help visualize this a bit easier.) :)

Between the minimum pressure requirements and proper plumbing, those usually account for 90% of issues with the booster pump not pumping. Also, check that you are getting power to the pump. This should be pretty easy, as the pump will shake when it's powered.

If everything is plumbed and powered correctly, you could try to adjust the screw on top to see if it boosts pressure. Outside of that, if you are still not seeing a boost, I would have to chalk it up to having too low of pressure to properly operate a pump. :(

Please, give us a call after troubleshooting and let us know how it went! Here is the number for our CS team, 763-432-9691, you can also message me here if you would like. :)

-Randy