PDA

View Full Version : Tunze 9010 standpipe air screw problem

Suji
05/23/2017, 08:50 AM
I'm using it in sump with the stand pipe. I notice when the elbow is all the way in to the maximum into the intake when I adjust the air screw if I take it out fully it's halfway into the cup but the water coming out of the standpipe is rushing out.

When I don't put the elbow all the way in more like half way in? Still tight the water does not rush out of the standpipe but the air screw if I take it all the way out the bubbles do not rise into the cup

However I notice there was water in the airline.

What is the right way? Elbow all the way in or not? And in sump mode, the air adjuster if all the way out is it suppose to overflow like other skimmers? Right offf the bat? Or only when it starts skimming

rvitko
05/23/2017, 09:28 AM
You should have only a very slow trickle from the stand pipe, the pipe just needs to be in, if pushed all the way in as far as possible it will dam up the water inside as the pipe elbow is against a flat plate and water cannot easily escape. It will generally not overflow immediately, the venturi though or air nipple at the venturi may be clogged which is reducing the airflow.

Suji
05/23/2017, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the reply, now that I took the water out of the airline and I did not push the elbow in all the way in that cover that fits onto the skimmer body it is a slow trickle out the standpipe but I notice the air screw the more I open it the more turbulent the air is in the skimmer butter water it does not rise up in the cup whether I open or close is this how it suppose to be? Because when the elbow is all the way into that cover , the air screw adjustment controls the water level in the cup the more I open the higher it gets (max halfway into the cup) . Again when I say elbow all the way in I'm not talking about the elbow that connects into the rectangle piece that connects to skimmer body you can push it all the way in so it's flush and not the standpipe into the elbow.

rvitko
05/23/2017, 09:38 AM
That is how it should be, what should rise into the cup is a finer fluffier protein foam that forms on top of the bubbling water, this takes time, a couple days assuming a broken in skimmer and established tank. I assume this skimmer is older and you have had it for a while? We haven't made this model since 2010.

Suji
05/23/2017, 09:58 AM
Hi yes but I haven't used it in a while I also have the 9011 , but I. Do know when you put in tank, the air screw adjustment controls where the internal water is going to be in the cup and if I open it fully it will start overflowing , why is not the same in sump mode? Like all skimmers if you turn the standpipe the water rises , this skimmer does not do that? Well it only does it if I push the elbow into the rectangle cover to be flush but you saying not do that correct?

rvitko
05/23/2017, 10:09 AM
As long as their is a trickle from the pipe it should be working, in tank the pump does not have to work as hard to fill the body it is full just from the standing water level. I cannot say for sure if something is wrong without seeing it but I don't think the pipe is the issue if water is exiting, it is more probable that there is a problem with air intake, either a clogged venturi or leaking silencer.