PDA

View Full Version : Help with skimmer foam wont pop!

jpirnat
05/25/2017, 09:58 AM
Don't know how else to describe problem. Have a Curve 5 that has been doing a great job, but all of a sudden the skimmate just accumulates as foam foam and more foam. I know that's the point but it just dosent pop. It comes out the holes on top and accumulates in huge clumps alongside the collection cup and on the skimmer itself. It stays for days if I don't remove. Tried searching on this subject but couldn't find any references to this problem. Any ideas?

Have not treated water. Use NO3Po4-x and dose kalk, that's it.

Dkh Ca Mg Salinity all stable and normal. Tank is 4 months old but 1/2 the rock in it was from a 5year old system...

mcgyvr
05/25/2017, 10:42 AM
I've had that same problem on my skimmer when carbon dosing.. I just strapped the lid on tighter and cleaned it more often..
Many professional skimmers use a "washdown" system to help with that too I believe..

hegeh
05/25/2017, 12:04 PM
Set it to dry skimming.. is this the first time you did carbon dose?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jpirnat
05/25/2017, 12:26 PM
No, ive carbon dosed before. dry skimming just makes problem worse. the bubbles just never go away until I wash them off in the sink. i'll put a pick up when I get back home, it is very strange.

moondoggy4
05/26/2017, 12:18 AM
I had a old Euro Reef skimmer that would lace the skimmate but also would never pop. I put in a smaller ER skimmer in and I was pouring out chocolate syrup 3 times a day.