PDA

View Full Version : How to purge air from calcium reactor

imjedi76
05/25/2017, 12:43 PM
I just set up a new RO CR5000 and I want to know how to remove all the air so that it is as quiet as a lot of reviews are stating. Seems like most of the noise is water churning in the reactor.. pretty loud.

reefling
05/25/2017, 07:12 PM
I just set up a new RO CR5000 and I want to know how to remove all the air so that it is as quiet as a lot of reviews are stating. Seems like most of the noise is water churning in the reactor.. pretty loud.
You make a thing to degas it. Mine was a John guest threaded fitting, some RO tubing and a ball valve at the highest point. My circulation plumbing went pretty high, so I had a T fitting in it. You just open the valve briefly and let the air out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ca1ore
05/26/2017, 08:36 AM
Since that unit pulls effluent from the top lid, I'd think it should self vent. Maybe you have it setup wrong? Did you fill it with water before putting on the lid? Picture would help.

jda
05/26/2017, 09:05 AM
The A:Valve on the diagram on the BRS website is for this - all of the air should escape before effluent can come out. You can turn off H:Valve to keep the gas from recirculating. Make sure that this output drips into your tank so that the air escapes and does not go into the water.

If you hear an intermittent bubble, this is the CO2 getting chopped up by the pump - this is normal.