PDA

View Full Version : Algaefix and Vibranz?

jimmy n
05/25/2017, 06:47 PM
Anyone use both Algaefix and Vibranz? I have a massive bubble algae issue. A swarm of emerald crabs hasn't touched them. I have both algaefix and Vibranz. I started both. Any issue using both?

Magnificent foxface next step if this does not work.

scuzy
05/25/2017, 06:53 PM
I've use vibrant and don't notice anything after the whole bottle. Follow directions took the T. Algae fix works on the regular hair algae boot bryopsis. I heard flucanazole works for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lsufan
05/25/2017, 08:58 PM
I have been using both vibrant & algea fix. I started dosing vibrant about two months ago to try & help with some dino. I used it once a week for about a month & it was doing nothing so I started to dose twice a week and since then the dino has gotten a lot better but still there. It could just be coincidence & not the vibrant though.

I have been dosing the algea fix twice a week for around a month for some hair algea that just won't go away. It hasn't done anything to the hair algea in my case.

I don't have any bubble algea but I don't think the algeafix will do much for it but I could be wrong. Most success I have seen was with hair algea.
The vibrant may help but it's not a guarantee. If it works it will take a while but from what I have read has been mixed as far as bubble algea

I haven't had any negative effects on the corals, fish or inverts. They all look the same as usual. I have a mixed reef with about 20 sps & 15 lps

hegeh
05/26/2017, 09:12 AM
I and group of my friends using vibrant, it did the job well. GHA and bubble algae dissapear within 2 doses. Even my self did only use 10% of the bottle and stop using eversince no algae in my tank.

Take note to underdose as its strong.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

jimmy n
06/08/2017, 06:29 PM
Surely slowed the growth, seems like the balls detach more and free float. As an aside, if you have coralline algae problems, it stopped it in its tracks and made it far easier to scrape off.

moondoggy4
06/08/2017, 11:58 PM
I had a problem with brown slime red slime and the small green oblong bubble algae, I used AlgaeFix and it got rid of all it, but the second it was gone a had a break out of GHA so I use Flucanazole and it got rid of all of the GHA and now I have red slime again.

jimmy n
06/15/2017, 06:18 PM
Definitely a cure for excess corraline algae. Makes it come off easier and produce less. Bubble algae appears to be diminishing slowly. I have to clean the glass far less. Polyp extension is affected, that is about it.