PDA

View Full Version : Is Marine Pure effective at reducing nitrates? We learn some valuable lessons. | BRSt

Randy_BRS
05/26/2017, 11:39 AM
Hey!

The time has come to reveal the results of the Marine Pure test! As the thread title alludes to, we ran into some speed bumps during this test, but we still walked away with some eye opening results. :)

r8lc3SlvROY

andywar
06/15/2017, 08:28 AM
Hi, how many of these would you recommend for a 90g (total volume)?
And how do you split/cut them w/o breaking them into pieces?

I have the large one on my sump, and another in my QT and they constantly leave debris...

Scott H.
06/15/2017, 08:44 AM

I have the large one on my sump, and another in my QT and they constantly leave debris...
None.. unless you soak them in saltwater for 6+ months

Randy_BRS
06/15/2017, 11:34 AM

Hey there!

There's not really a recommended amount per gallon for these as they are really only adding more surface area for your bacteria to colonize. However, if you have a minimal aquascape or bare bottom, you may want to add more than just a single block to make up for the surface area difference as if you had full scape and sandbed.

You should be able to take a hacksaw or something like that and lightly saw through the blocks. :-)

-Randy