PDA

View Full Version : new tank questions

nycluis718
05/27/2017, 02:09 PM
Well i wanted to get a 90 gal deep blue pro standard so I can drill it but i just found out it is tempered glass.

Anyone know any other companies who sell 90 gal tanks with non tempered back glass?

not looking for custom and spend thousands on a tank alone. just a simple tank to get started.

BigBlueTang
05/27/2017, 05:04 PM
Well i wanted to get a 90 gal deep blue pro standard so I can drill it but i just found out it is tempered glass.

Anyone know any other companies who sell 90 gal tanks with non tempered back glass?

not looking for custom and spend thousands on a tank alone. just a simple tank to get started.

Are all the panels tempered? If the back isnt, drill it and go with a reef savvy or synergy reef overflow. Work great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcgyvr
05/27/2017, 06:12 PM
Call Aqueon and see if there 90G is.. I know the bottom is tempered but they don't state if the sides are..
Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm CST at 1-888-255-4527

BigBlueTang
05/27/2017, 07:37 PM
Call Aqueon and see if there 90G is.. I know the bottom is tempered but they don't state if the sides are..
Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm CST at 1-888-255-4527

I doubt it, my 75 only the sides were tempered. But calling ahead and checking is definitely the best idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trinnity
05/27/2017, 07:47 PM
I have questions about overflow filters. I'm setting up 2 new tanks, a 50 and a 55. I'm looking for an overflow/pump combo that I can use my own bulk supplies instead of cartridges and also quiet. I last used a Super King (yes, that's old school) but now I'm upgrading to all new stuff (except my tanks and stands).

I'd really appreciate some recommendations. Thank you.

allicassydanny
05/28/2017, 06:14 AM
Pretty sure Marineland only tempers the bottom of their non reef ready tanks. There is a utube video that shows you how to tell using a cell phone that doesn't have a tempered screen protector and polarized sunglasses. I tried it on a 75 before I drilled the back and it works. Take a run up to your nearest LFS and try it on their floor models. I did after their employee said the sides were tempered and I showed he was wrong. Drilled it no problem.