PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Recommendation for Large Capacity DI Water

reefdude3749
05/29/2017, 03:07 PM
All...for those of you that have larger reef tanks...is there any way to get a large system for DI water production? I have a system that makes 180 gpd, but due to the CO2 in our water I burn through DI resin very quickly...due to using about 200 gallons of water monthly. I was wondering if people have installed systems maybe that are regeneratable in place or if there is a better solution that I am just not aware of currently.

Thanks in advance, JPB

tom obrecht
05/31/2017, 05:06 AM
I have heard of large do containers that carry large do resin. Perhaps contact one of the to companies here as sponsors to see if they can help. I too have high co2 issues with my water and go thru a lot of di cartridges when I make water. I use to degass the water before running thru di units but got tired of one more step and added space for another water storage container. Personally I just buy more di cartridges but take a peak at the sponsors here ....I'm sure one of them can set you up with some kind of commercial unit.

Greg 45
05/31/2017, 06:14 AM
reefdude - contact Bill Wann at Aquarium Engineering . They Built a unit for me to help resolve problems with my water . Let Bill know I recommended you . If needed pm me and I can send some pictures of unit I posted it on some sights . Under same screen name Greg 45 .