PDA

View Full Version : Nuvo IM 10g loud?

Jadams
05/30/2017, 11:54 AM
Is anyone running an IM Nuvo 10g have like vibration/loud noise from the pump?

I even switched out the stock pump for a Rio and still have the exact same sound. Im wondering if its the black tubing from the pump to the output attachment?? Im at a loss on this...

Anyone ever have this problem? and how did you fix it?

TIA!

Aggiefish12
05/30/2017, 12:10 PM
Is anyone running an IM Nuvo 10g have like vibration/loud noise from the pump?

I even switched out the stock pump for a Rio and still have the exact same sound. Im wondering if its the black tubing from the pump to the output attachment?? Im at a loss on this...

Anyone ever have this problem? and how did you fix it?

TIA!

Is the pump touching the bottom of the tank or the side walls. This is usually the cause

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrew.gimlin
05/30/2017, 12:22 PM
I have a fusion 20 and have the same issue, not enough to be louder than the television but definitely audible

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

murphreef
05/30/2017, 12:33 PM
My IM 25 lagoon is a tad loud but mine is set up in my family room downstairs so i only really notice it when I am looking at the tank.

I think it does have to do with the pump vibrating against the glass panel.

Jadams
05/30/2017, 01:04 PM
Im wondering what could be placed down inside to make it stop? With the TV on, its not bad at all...But with the TV off, its mosdef noticeable.

I wonder if I could use a piece of rubber/foam of some sort? Maybe something like a small piece of a yoga mat or something like that lol

Would having that in the tank, cause challenges in the water param's?

Aggiefish12
05/30/2017, 01:05 PM
Im wondering what could be placed down inside to make it stop? With the TV on, its not bad at all...But with the TV off, its mosdef noticeable.

I wonder if I could use a piece of rubber/foam of some sort? Maybe something like a small piece of a yoga mat or something like that lol

Would having that in the tank, cause challenges in the water param's?

If the pump is noisy take it out and clean it. If it's touching the bottom of the tank just cut a small amount of the tubing to raise it off the bottom of the tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dublo8
05/30/2017, 03:31 PM
I have a post on this. It's a junk pump. I replaced mine with the sicce micra and it's dead silent. Same flow as The stock pump. The micra plus will bump up the flow a little but others have had noise issues with the plus model. If you want more flow bump it up to the sicce Syncra .5. I also replaced my tubing with silicon tubing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

twitchy
05/30/2017, 03:45 PM
I have a lagoon 25, and the pump was very loud. I cut up a silicon pot holder and put it under the pump and it helped with the buzzing/vibrating sound a lot, now I only hear the sound of the pump.