PDA

View Full Version : Identify my Anemone... Please

beolson25
05/30/2017, 07:26 PM
All,
I picked this anemone up from my local fish store the other day. I have never seen anything like it.

Can someone help me determine the species? I'm curious if this will split naturally like my RBTAs or if it has to breed like my rock flower anemones.

humphreyhh
05/30/2017, 07:37 PM
It looks terribly bleached though. Did he look like this in the petstore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beolson25
05/31/2017, 06:27 AM

Yes... It looked like this at the store. I got a good deal on it. (Assuming it survives)

BUT ... Any idea what kind of anemone it is?

beolson25
05/31/2017, 06:51 AM

Yes... It looked like this at the store. I got a good deal on it. (Assuming it survives). If it has a chance of getting healthy in an aquarium, I believe it has a great chance in mine.

BUT ... Any idea what kind of anemone it is?

D-Nak
05/31/2017, 10:40 AM
It looks like a bleached BTA

humphreyhh
05/31/2017, 10:50 AM
I would guess a bta too. I hope it will get back to health in your tank.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

beolson25
05/31/2017, 01:04 PM
It looks like a bleached BTA

That's what I thought ... But I have never seen a purple BTA like this. Is that pretty rare?

I'll try to come back to this post after a month or two and provide updates.

phender
05/31/2017, 01:42 PM
If it is actually purple, I would say that it is either a H. malu or H. crispa that has been starved for light for quite a while but has stayed alive up to this point. It has been basically eating itself to stay alive. They usually don't make it back from this state, but it is worth a shot since its already in your tank.

beolson25
05/31/2017, 02:17 PM
Phender ... Thanks for the comment ... It is pretty dang purple or blue at least ... It does have some bleaching but I've brought anemones back before. I'll do my best in this case.

I guess only time will tell.

OrionN
06/01/2017, 05:13 AM
Fee him small bits of food. I would mashed up shrimps and feed it to him. Much easier for him to digest small food.

beolson25
06/01/2017, 05:39 AM
Fee him small bits of food. I would mashed up shrimps and feed it to him. Much easier for him to digest small food.

I feed baby brine and mysis shrimp frequently for my target dragnet fish ... So yesterday I made sure to shower this guy in that. He didn't seem to eat any but I didn't sit there and watch the whole time.

Update for today ... He is not looking that great ... Still hopeful.

beolson25
06/03/2017, 08:19 AM
And ... It is dead ... ��

Thanks for all the replies

Mr. Eel
06/03/2017, 10:01 PM
O too bad, but for future reference if they arent eating chop up brine shrimp real small and put it in a pipette and put the pipette in its mouth and squeeze. This is the best way to force feed.