PDA

View Full Version : First Fish

JD9
05/30/2017, 07:43 PM
i just got my first fish, a blue/green chromis in my 20 gal today. He was shy at first but has swam around more since feeding. I'm planning to add a clownfish next, then a royal gamma, and a 6 line wrasse last. How long would yall suggest between each fish if the nitrate and ammonia levels check out? Also do you think that my little 20 gal can happily support this 4 fish all at once? I have snails, a few hermits, live rock and sand in the tank as well.

billdogg
05/30/2017, 07:50 PM
IMHO, you need to rethink things a bit. Chromis and Clowns are in the same family and will fight. Especially in a 20g. The clown will win. The sixline is a notoriously questionable addition as well. They go rogue. That's just what they do.

The gramma should be fine. Maybe a Goby/shrimp combo would work. Think peaceful happy fish.

JD9
05/30/2017, 07:56 PM
I thought as long as I added the 6 line last it wouldn't be as likely to end up aggressive. Also since clowns and chromis are more peaceful than most damsel fish would they not get along fine?

Cliving1
05/31/2017, 05:15 AM
I would skip the 6 line. You have the right thought process about most aggressive last. Those guys can be mean though.

marleesan
05/31/2017, 05:50 AM
Also, four fish in a 20 gallon is too many

JD9
05/31/2017, 06:25 AM
Id love to get a 6 line but it seems from what y'all say and what some of let friends have said that they either are a decent fish or turn crazy and kill everything in the tank. It probably is even riskier since my tank is so small as well, so I'll look for another fish then.

thegrun
05/31/2017, 04:02 PM
I agree with the others, the 6 line is not a good choice for your tank. The clownfish alone is going take over the entire tank and not welcome any additional fish in a twenty gallon tank once it establishes its territory. Six line wrasses are just about a guarantee to start killing tank mates eventually when kept in any tank under 75 gallons.