PDA

View Full Version : Black sea cucumber?

CPdude
05/31/2017, 05:29 AM
Hi everyone, I am thinking of getting a black sea cucumber (holothuroidea sp) for my 25 gallon but will it be too big? I find them really interesting and helpful as they help sift and clean the sand along with my nassarius. So will this cucumber will be alright? It will also be a host for an emperor shrimp which I might get later. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H650 using Tapatalk

AlSimmons
05/31/2017, 11:15 AM
The link below might help.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2003/1/inverts

norfolkgarden
06/02/2017, 07:24 PM
The two inch black cucumbers our LFS sold might be ok in a 25 but I would say you are still pushing it.

How deep is your sand bed?

I would guess one Nassarius snails would be plenty for that size tank.

Have you thought about a 4 inch Harlequin serpent star or something similar instead?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CPdude
06/03/2017, 10:58 PM
Hmmm. My sand bed depth varies but deepest is about 3-5 cm ish. My nassarius snail does not really do a good job of sifting the sand...but great and scavenging. Harlequin serpent stars are cool, I may get 1. But i want cuke because they will help with like algae or cyano on the sand, my dwarf red tip hermits are more focused on the rocks.

CPdude
06/03/2017, 10:59 PM
Hmmm. My sand bed depth varies but deepest is about 3-5 cm ish. My nassarius snail does not really do a good job of sifting the sand...but great and scavenging. Harlequin serpent stars are cool, I may get 1. But i want cuke because they will help with like algae or cyano on the sand, my dwarf red tip hermits are more focused on the rocks.

Great at*