PDA

View Full Version : Help with Led retrofit on CoralLife Biocube 29

Wanna Be Reefer
06/01/2017, 10:59 PM
New to the hobby and not to sure on which retrofit kit to choose from. As of now I'm stuck between the rapidLED kit and Steve's led kit. If anyone has any knowledge on the subject and would be willing to chime in it would be much apperciated.

bblumberg
06/03/2017, 06:10 PM
I have the RapidLED kit on my Nanocube 24. It came with 12 Royal blue and 12 cool white LEDs. I switched out 1/3 of the whites for neutral whites and 1/3 for warm white but regret the warm white. I can't go back again because the canopy is so old that I had to silicone the splash guard on last time. If you are ordering a new kit, I'd consider royal blue, neutral white and a smattering of blue, cyan, lime and hyperviolet to balance out the colors to your liking. You don't need a lot of white, I run my RB at ~50% and white at ~25%

I doubt that you could go wrong with either the RapidLED or Steve's kits. Good luck.

ReefWreak
06/03/2017, 10:03 PM
They're both good, but I really like the RapidLED kit myself.

I'd recommend you taking some time and reading through the nano tank forum (http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75), as many of us have set up all sorts of different retrofit lights in our cubes.

Feel free to see my tank build if you click on my name.