PDA

View Full Version : Hammer help

bcb577
06/01/2017, 11:42 PM
So over the last cpl of days I've noticed my hammer coral isn't extending all the way,today was my regular weekly water change and I thought maybe that would help but I didn't.After looking more closely ,I noticed some very fine looking hair like substance growing on hard part of the coral,it looks like a clump of carpet fibers or something but it's very fine. It's a 10 gallon nano. Calcium 480....phosphate 0...nitrates...0,dkh 9.....Magnesium 1450...I know some of these numbers are on the high side but I use kent marine reef salt and these readings have been this way since I've started the tank and everything else seems to be thriving,should I dip it in something or anything else I can do? I don't see it on anything else,any help would be appreciated!

smatter
06/02/2017, 08:45 AM
Got a picture? Stuff on the skeleton isn't typically an issue. I'd hold off on dipping it as that will just further stress it out. Did you change your lighting at all? Any possibility a tank member is picking at it? A crustacean of some kind perhaps? Peppermint shrimp are often naughty at night.

bcb577
06/02/2017, 01:30 PM
Thanks for responding,sorry my camera isn't working well,I do have a peppermint shrimp that likes to torture my corals,I think I may have them too close to some zoas,it does look a bit better than it has,so hopefully it's nothing to worry about

smatter
06/03/2017, 07:33 AM
My money is on the pep. I'm glad things appear to be on the up and up :)