PDA

View Full Version : Drilling Small Hole in Glass

Darth_Tater
06/02/2017, 10:07 PM
Hi all,

Did a quick search and didn't see anything so hopefully it hasn't been asked too often. I'm familiar with using glass hole saws for 3/4"+ holes, but I'm wondering what method would work best for drilling a small hole in glass. For a RO line type float valve as an example.

Thanks!

ca1ore
06/02/2017, 10:14 PM
I have a whole set of glass/ceramic bits at home - will go from 70 mm right down to 5 mm.

Lsufan
06/03/2017, 05:51 PM
They make the same type bits as the holesaw bits in smaller sizes. I know they make them all the way down to atleast 1/4" & maybe even smaller. They make other types of bits that work to, but I like to use the holesaw type bits on glass because they just seem to be smoother without having to use a hammer drill. The other type of bits for tile work a lot better if they are on a hammer drill, that's one of the reasons I don't use them on glass.

Darth_Tater
06/03/2017, 07:43 PM
Huh, don't know where I got the idea they didn't make them in small sizes. Thanks!

Lsufan
06/03/2017, 08:24 PM
Yea, they carry them at the big box stores like Home Depot. They usually keep a few in the flooring section & they also keep them in the tool section by all the other drill bits