PDA

View Full Version : Apec Lite to Apex Classic, Same Fusion/Programming?

Stickboy97
06/03/2017, 11:07 AM
So I am upgrading from my current Apex Lite to a Full Apex (Classic) & have a few questions:
1) Should I plug in my new Classic before turning off my old Lite and run both at the same time?
2) Can I move my current programming over to the new Apex? How? Via Fusion?
3) Do I need to wipe or reset the new Classic when I get it? It was a display and was running. How?
4) Do I reset or wipe my old Lite before I sell it? How?
5) Any other tips for when I change them out?

thx

scuzy
06/03/2017, 11:16 AM
I never really had luck following the upgrade guide. I just copied down all three programming and just reprogram all the outlets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

deaclauderdale
06/03/2017, 11:37 AM
There's an export/save feature for the programming, and yes it's good to restore to default the apex that you're selling. I'd check the Neptune forum if you need more info/input on the process as they're a vey helpful bunch there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scuzy
06/03/2017, 11:48 AM
It only works if each module is in the same module order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stickboy97
06/03/2017, 01:11 PM
Thanks, I'll post there on Monday when I am working it all out.

FullBoreReefer
06/03/2017, 07:57 PM
I've asked this before. I was informed the save feature from the "Lite" will not load correctly in the "Full". Something to do with the board being different and internal programming also. Something with the extra orp bnc connector. They told me the only way is to literally go through every outlet and hand write all of the programming on a piece of paper. Install the "Full", add all the modules, do any updates if necessary, then go back through and manually program your outlets from your notes.

I opted to keep my "Lite" and PM1 for now.

kurt_n
06/03/2017, 10:17 PM
Yup. The Lite and the Jr/Classic can't share configuration settings. So the Load/Save routine won't work. Sorry.