PDA

View Full Version : Unable to connect Netgear WNCE2001

Rookieofsalt
06/03/2017, 03:09 PM
I hope all is well.

I need some help to reconnect my Apex to Netgear WNCE2001.

Long store short. I updated new firmware to 4.52 using Ethernet cable connected to my home router. Now my Apex is unable to recognize my Netgear Wifi bridge. I tried the Netgear on other devices/laptop and all working find.

Thank you in advance.

Eric

kurt_n
06/03/2017, 10:22 PM
So you can't see the Apex wirelessly within your network... like from a laptop or your phone?

I'm just a little confused by your statement that your "Apex is unable to recognize my Netgear Wifi bridge." The Apex *shouldn't* recognize your Wifi bridge. It shouldn't even know it's there. If you unplugged your Apex from the WNCE2001, connected your Apex to your router via ethernet, updated the firmware, then disconnected the ethernet and reconnected to the WNCE2001 and the network settings on the Apex are the same, then everything should work as it did before.

Are your network settings on the Apex the same as they were before? IP address and port numbers are all the same? You're using the IP address of the Apex (*not* the WNCE2001) to try and see it on the network?

Rookieofsalt
06/04/2017, 06:55 AM
Thanks for your response. I updated the new firmware used my home router. However, When I reconnect the WNCE2001 unit. I didn't get a connection. My fushio showed apex not online. I checked the netgear unit on my DVDs and othe gaming system and it's working fine.

Regards

FullBoreReefer
06/08/2017, 04:42 AM
When I updated to 4.52 I experienced this also. I finally discovered that it had changed the apex IP address during the update, so my port forwarding etc. was messed up. Maybe the adapter is looking for a specific IP address from the apex. Not saying that's it as I don't have a bridge, but it's worth a look.

Maybe just give all settings a quick glance.

wmo168
06/08/2017, 07:45 AM
Good!!! Also check the port....