PDA

View Full Version : White specks *after* prazipro

somebloke
06/04/2017, 06:26 AM
So two of my Anthias were showing what I thought were signs of flukes. I did a Prazipro treatment, waited 5 days, then did a 50% water change and another Prazipro dose last night. This morning two fish have a handful of white specks they didn't have previously. The specks are towards the anterior portion of the fish - places near the head and gills. I'm wondering whether the Prazipro stressed them into a different affliction or whether they might be detaching flukes or something?

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

ClownNut
06/04/2017, 07:53 AM
pics please.
dead flukes will fall off the fish once you dose prazi.

somebloke
06/04/2017, 07:55 AM
Yeah apparently my new phone cam sucks. My wife will be home soon with her tablet and I'll snap one. These are truly small specks.

Are you saying flukes fall off immediately after they die?

ClownNut
06/04/2017, 08:07 AM
Are you saying flukes fall off immediately after they die?

once they change from transparent to whitish. they are dead. unless you have no flow in the tank, might hang on a bit longer. usually, within 30mins should fall off the fish.

somebloke
06/04/2017, 09:19 AM
once they change from transparent to whitish. they are dead. unless you have no flow in the tank, might hang on a bit longer. usually, within 30mins should fall off the fish.
Below is a photo using my terrible phone camera. You can see a couple of the spots. In the photo they look a little larger and have less of a contrast due to blurring. I'm pretty sure they were flukes because after morning feeding in the surface current the "spots" are gone. (The anthias slumber in low flow areas at night.)

Now my Blue-Spotted Jawfish that I wasn't directly targeting has something whitish sloughing off the top edge of his eye socket. I'm guessing that is some other type of fluke. He's also not eating which I hope is just a loss of appetite from the prazi.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170604/c739c0db090c9db9f97539512a27b98b.jpg