PDA

View Full Version : Reef oct. Not making bubbles

Denbf58
06/04/2017, 07:17 AM
I have had this skimmer since 2012 and it has worked very well but know I having a problem when the skimmer restarts it will not make bubbles unless I put my finger over the inlet for a second or to then works fine has any one had this problem i have cleaned the unit with vinegar checked the air tube for blockage all clear I am thinking the pump is going bad or the impeller. do not to spend $85. for a impeller only to have it be the pump. has any run in to this before

Drae
06/04/2017, 08:02 AM
I have had this skimmer since 2012 and it has worked very well but know I having a problem when the skimmer restarts it will not make bubbles unless I put my finger over the inlet for a second or to then works fine has any one had this problem i have cleaned the unit with vinegar checked the air tube for blockage all clear I am thinking the pump is going bad or the impeller. do not to spend $85. for a impeller only to have it be the pump. has any run in to this before

If the pump makes bubbles after you put your finger over the inlet it's not your impeller. Pumps going bad after 5 years... not bad for a Chinese made pump. Not bad at all lol. Get a new pump. Jmo