PDA

View Full Version : Apex display not functioning/can't connect to Fusion

hogfanreefer
06/04/2017, 09:45 PM
My Apex was not connected to Fusion this afternoon so I rebooted my modem/router and went to the tank to restart Apex and when I touched the button on the display it would not change the screen. I unplugged it from the main Apex and when I plugged it back in it won't come on.

The Apex is not running the programming it had when it got disconnected. My dosers aren't working a couple of outlets (to my ATO and one of my power heads) are turned off.

I can't figure out what is wrong with the display and I don't understand why the outlets aren't following their last programming. They always did before when it wasn't connected to Fusion.

Do I need a new display?

bnumair
06/05/2017, 01:41 AM
did the system get wet? try unplugging everything and plugging back in

Breadman03
06/05/2017, 07:36 AM
If the system crashed, the outlets wouldn't be getting any commands and would revert to whatever "fallback" you had programmed.

I'd suggest logging a ticket with Neptune. I'd also remove power from the system for a minute or two to see if it reboots properly while waiting on their response.

hogfanreefer
06/05/2017, 08:04 AM
No, nothing got wet. I've unplugged everything several times without any change. Was hoping it was just the display bit not connecting is worrisome.

jacobse1
06/08/2017, 03:13 AM
I saw your post on Neptune support, and I'm experiencing the same issue that also coincided with a reset due to network issues. I actually ordered the new wifi Apex, and all modules including the display are working on the new Apex. So it's definitely the APEX classic that isn't functioning. I'll be following your threads here and in Neptune.

FullBoreReefer
06/08/2017, 05:36 AM
Mine can be picky as well if I have a network reset. Sometimes it'll reconnect, other times it take multiple tries, apex resets, cycle dhcp on/off. It's taken me up to 30mins tinkering with it to finally connect. I get a green light but the orange always goes out when I experience issues plugging or unplugging the Internet cable.

It can be a pain sometimes...I don't get it???

wmo168
06/08/2017, 08:44 AM
Is your classic running latest firmware? Try to see your router and see if you can get to your apex IP or able to ping it.

FullBoreReefer
06/08/2017, 10:01 AM
Is your classic running latest firmware? Try to see your router and see if you can get to your apex IP or able to ping it.

My apex has been running almost 3yrs now, it's only as of lately it's given Internet issues. But it may go months without an issue.