PDA

View Full Version : Reefbrites vs Used Radions

Demonic
06/05/2017, 09:29 AM
Ok, so right now I have a 93 Cube with an ATI 8X24 with an attached Reefbrite

I have pulled the trigger and ordered a custom 60X30X24 and would love to have another Reefbrite but they get really expensive for the longer versions.

I would really love to have that pop and wondering if I could just pickup a couple of used Radion gen 1 or 2 and accomplish the same look. I have already purchased the ATI 8x80. I am thinking that I may sell that and get the 8X54 and install all this in the canopy.

Any suggestions or has somebody did this as well.

Demonic
06/06/2017, 07:15 AM
Are there any other ideas for the supplement lighting.

Not really looking for cheap, just not looking to spend $400 on one strip of lights.

Mr. Comer
06/06/2017, 10:07 AM
When I was using a 6 bulb t5 I switched out two of the bulbs for the Euro aquatics E5 blue pop for dusk/dawn. I gained the LED pop and didn't have to have another fixture mounted above my tank. I lost some par but it was enough for me.

Demonic
06/06/2017, 11:06 AM
I bought an ATI fixture used for this new build and it has a couple of those installed already but I'm pretty sure it won't be enough. I'm probably just going to be on the lookout for a couple used Radions to supplement the T5's. Just hope I have enough room in the canopy for them.

biecacka
06/06/2017, 04:58 PM
Why do you think you cannot achieve that look with the ATI fixture?

Corey

Demonic
06/06/2017, 07:07 PM
Because I like the T5 look with an LED supplementation. Two fluorescent bulbs won't achieve that look. If it did Reefbrite would be out of business