PDA

View Full Version : Seeking out help for you guys!!!! Bacteria help!

Nddelallo
06/07/2017, 08:45 PM
So about 2 1/2 months ago I decided to set up another tank in a spare bedroom of mine in hopes to put some larger frags in. Tank is a zoomed low boy I got for free so I started tank as a bare bottom with about 20 pounds of live rock with a couple chromis fish to help along the cycle. About 2 weeks in to the cycle I started to develop this white slime all over the tank I figured it was due to not enough beneficial bacteria to compensate I then went ahead and got a few more pieces of live rock and added a 1" sand bed to help for surface area to have bacteria colonize on well it's been almost two months since and this white slime can't seem to ever go away I've tried large water changes only to have come back the next day I then purchased a intank uv per being told that along with a dose of chemiclean would do the trick. The uv does clear the free floating haze in the water but not the snot that attaches to all rock and sand the chemi clean has done nothing as well I'm getting to my close end and about to tear down the tank and start from scratch equipment I started the tank has been the same eshopps hob skimmer hob rufugium with marine pure blocks and small hob filter to catch some free floating food my levels have been very stable with 0 nitrate calcium at 400 alk 8dkh and mag at 1300 I've been using fritz rpm in my larger system here for a while with no effect like this so ruling out salt?! Any help would be greatly appreciated guys I really could use it !!!!!!

Nddelallo
06/07/2017, 08:52 PM
Pic

Nddelallo
06/07/2017, 09:00 PM
Slime

bertoni
06/08/2017, 02:35 PM
A number of people have had problems with slime infestations. Tracking down the cause seems to be very difficult in some cases. I probably would start with the basics. Could you provide a full tank shot? How much flow does the system have? How much is being fed? There's some chance we might be able to find a cause.