PDA

View Full Version : Jebao pump problem

juanmanuelsanch
06/08/2017, 05:19 PM
So I have my jebao return pump. Its being working for a year without issues. About 3 days ago I did my rutine cleanup in the aquarium. Disconnected the return pump. Did the water change and the turn on again.

The problem is that the pump its not working at its usual flow rate, its much lower. Even at full speed its not pumping water as it used to.

The pump has a controller, the speed its a full. Everything seems to be fine. Just not enough power or flow.

What could it be? I feel suction if I put my hand in the intake. The pipes are ok.

Please help !

homer1475
06/08/2017, 06:07 PM
Break the impeller? Have you taken it apart to see if anythings in there?

Check the power supply, their known to just die.

juanmanuelsanch
06/08/2017, 07:29 PM
There is no impeller in that model. At least not the classic one. I haven't seen any plastic or anything that could suggest something like that.

The power supply is working, the pump is on. Just not enough force, flow or whatever you want to call it hehe.

Here is a pic of it

http://www.shop-meeresaquaristik.de/images/product_images/popup_images/16752_0.jpg

fit
06/09/2017, 05:08 AM
Can you move the impeller by hand? It should move easily, but it's hard to get your finger in the "out" port reach the impeller to turn it. I recommend you take it apar in that case. See if it turns easily. I've experienced these freezing up, or partially freezing up, sometimes. Perhaps due to calcium or fine sand. You have to soak it in vinegar when that happens. What is the exact model? I have this same model with spares.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

shifty51008
06/09/2017, 06:00 AM
There is no impeller in that model. At least not the classic one. I haven't seen any plastic or anything that could suggest something like that.

The power supply is working, the pump is on. Just not enough force, flow or whatever you want to call it hehe.

Here is a pic of it

http://www.shop-meeresaquaristik.de/images/product_images/popup_images/16752_0.jpg

#2 is the impeller just as a heads up

d0ughb0y
06/09/2017, 09:11 AM
can you test the pump say in a 5 gallon bucket of water?
test power supply voltage to see if it is 24v.
if you have valve on return line, make sure it is wide open.

juanmanuelsanch
06/09/2017, 06:10 PM
After looking at it I found a clog in the bulkhead. Sadly I had to take the whole plumbing apart just to take it.

Now the problem is that after putting everything together. I have a lot of micro bubbles. I suppose I have to assume there is a opening somewhere that is taking air into the pipe right? How can I know where that is and how do I fix it?

shifty51008
06/09/2017, 06:21 PM
you are correct that there is an opening somewhere but knowing where is gonna be hard to find till you start seeing salt creep show up.

Johnnybgood74
06/09/2017, 08:48 PM
The bulk head on the return line? Or did something make it through the overflow? Id say keep a close eye for a water leak...I had a similar problem had to replace all the baseboard on one wall because I was lazy and didn't keep at it.

ericarenee
06/09/2017, 09:07 PM
sometimes those micro bubbles are caused by trapped air.. when this happens to me i shut the ball valve above the output of the pump.. Turn the pump off.. then open the ball valve.. it will rush water thru the pump and into the sump.. I will then start the pump back and usually the air will be purged...

JUNBUG361
06/10/2017, 01:58 PM
sometimes those micro bubbles are caused by trapped air.. when this happens to me i shut the ball valve above the output of the pump.. Turn the pump off.. then open the ball valve.. it will rush water thru the pump and into the sump.. I will then start the pump back and usually the air will be purged...

I myself have to agree

juanmanuelsanch
06/10/2017, 06:18 PM

But in the end wouldnt the air just go out? There is a limited ammount of air and the water should was it out.

I will try, but I dont have a valve in that line.