PDA

View Full Version : Chromis Issue

malx
06/09/2017, 03:21 PM
I have a blue-green Chromis that just randomly decided to bully my wrasse. He's been in my tank for about 3 weeks and after week two he just does not leave the wrasse alone. Currently, I caught the chromis and he's in time out in my sump. Anyone have experience with this? And does placing the fish in the sump and adding him back ever work?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170609/0f40a55ba63db2b86f4300843307ca2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cliving1
06/09/2017, 03:27 PM
They can be a bit aggressive forsure. What size tank is it sharing? And what type of wrasse? Some take their fish for car rides and reintroduce, I believe its mixed results. Hopefully others will chime in.

malx
06/09/2017, 03:31 PM
They can be a bit aggressive forsure. What size tank is it sharing? And what type of wrasse? Some take their fish for car rides and reintroduce, I believe its mixed results. Hopefully others will chime in.

55 Gallon and a Koi Fairy Wrasse

malx
06/09/2017, 03:48 PM
This may sound silly but is it possible he's getting picked on because he's sick? Or maybe there is something wrong with him and the Chromis can sense it? He does not pick on any fish. Now that the chromis is in the sump my wrasse is swimming around, but I've noticed that one of my clownfish is also bothering him a tiny bit... not nearly as much as the chromis. What are your thoughts?

Tripod1404
06/09/2017, 04:27 PM
What is the size difference between wrasse and the chromis. I never kept that particular specie, but all the fairy wrasses I kept (particularly males) never let a fish smaller or same size bully them. They generally at least fight back and eventually both fish avoid each other after that.

malx
06/09/2017, 04:28 PM
What is the size difference between wrasse and the chromis. I never kept that particular specie, but all the fairy wrasses I kept (particularly males) never let a fish smaller or same size bully them. They generally at least fight back and eventually both fish avoid each other after that.

The chromis is not bigger, but he is almost his max size which is about 2.5"

malx
06/09/2017, 05:07 PM
As soon as I sumped the chromis my wrasse is back swimming around so I'm ditching the chromis