PDA

View Full Version : Month old BTA possibly dying

Sharky123
06/11/2017, 11:37 AM
I have a BTA that is about a month old. It has moved around the tank on its own and has a pretty good grip on the LR it's on. It has never really opened up and has always kept itself pretty small. I'm not home right now to check my parameters but my cousin who's watching my tank sent me a picture of it and she said it looks pretty gross. Is this something I need to get out of my tank ? 30gl nano AI PRIME HD, LR, LS, skimmer, extra powerhead for better flow.
2 clowns, 1six line wrasse, 1 cleaner shrimp , 1goby, 1firefish, 1 dottyback and a cleanup crew.

BeachVacationer
06/11/2017, 12:46 PM
Did you buy it from a lfs? Anyways, sounds like it's sick. I would move it to another tank and medicate.

Lance M.
06/11/2017, 02:12 PM
I have a BTA that is about a month old. It has moved around the tank on its own and has a pretty good grip on the LR it's on. It has never really opened up and has always kept itself pretty small. I'm not home right now to check my parameters but my cousin who's watching my tank sent me a picture of it and she said it looks pretty gross. Is this something I need to get out of my tank ? 30gl nano AI PRIME HD, LR, LS, skimmer, extra powerhead for better flow.
2 clowns, 1six line wrasse, 1 cleaner shrimp , 1goby, 1firefish, 1 dottyback and a cleanup crew.

Can you post the picture? if not, describe it?

If it is melting/disintegrating, it needs to be removed asap or you will lose everything.