PDA

View Full Version : New to Area

csbrown2
06/13/2017, 10:32 AM
I recently moved to the area (about halfway between Harrisburg and State College) and I am getting tanks set up now that we have found a long term home.
Currently just have a 3 gallon JBJ cubey I just started (see pic below) and a 10 gallon frag tank to start growing corals.
Planning to build a 125 in my basement, but may have a 55 gallon intermediate tank at some point...will have to see what my wife let's me get away with.
Since I'm not familiar with resources around me I'd like to get some recommendations for LFS stores, experienced members in the area, etc that any of y'all are willing to share.
Pretty much anything from Williamsport to Lancaster would be about as far as I would want to go, but if possible I'd like to find resources between State College and Harrisburg.
Of course any information would be appreciated.
Thanks!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170613/cb9c9e07a3ff9f704413b81015af25da.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

JeffBoyRD
06/16/2017, 02:18 PM
Welcome to Central PA. I am sure there are a few others that could comment on some potential "fish" stores. Not that I am recommending, but there is That Fish Place in the Lancaster area. I have heard good comments concerning Reef and Tails near Reading. Also, you may want to checkout the "official" MDRC website, mdreefclub.com, which does have a member as well as a local fish store map.

csbrown2
06/19/2017, 02:12 PM
Welcome to Central PA. I am sure there are a few others that could comment on some potential "fish" stores. Not that I am recommending, but there is That Fish Place in the Lancaster area. I have heard good comments concerning Reef and Tails near Reading. Also, you may want to checkout the "official" MDRC website, mdreefclub.com, which does have a member as well as a local fish store map.
I will do that...thank you!

Jen0221
06/20/2017, 06:49 PM
If your making your way to the reading area check out coral reef connection

csbrown2
06/20/2017, 07:11 PM
If your making your way to the reading area check out coral reef connection
ok...ive never been to reading but if I do I'll check it out

PitViper
05/03/2018, 11:52 AM
Welcome to area. A good and knowledgeable place that I have found locally here in Reading is exotic fish and pets. Guys name is JOEL. Opened this store after seeing what other stores were like and how they treated their tanks. Knows his stuff and takes a great deal of care for his animals and tanks. Very good guy. As far as that pet place. I wouldn’t go for fish but I would def go for supplies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrs.Saltaholic
11/03/2018, 06:34 PM
Welcome to area. A good and knowledgeable place that I have found locally here in Reading is exotic fish and pets. Guys name is JOEL. Opened this store after seeing what other stores were like and how they treated their tanks. Knows his stuff and takes a great deal of care for his animals and tanks. Very good guy. As far as that pet place. I wouldn’t go for fish but I would def go for supplies.

id have to agree with you about That fish place. supplies yes, but not livestock. Unless they’re having one of their frag swaps[emoji4]