PDA

View Full Version : tomato and a magnificent anemone

dror8
06/13/2017, 08:53 PM
hello all,

so i have what i believe to be a magnificent sea anemone for about half a year now (photo below sorry if its not so good quality and also dont mind the pink skunk as her no longer there).

anyways i added yesterday a tomato clownfish and he is still not hosting it. i remember the guy at the shop said the magnificent is the best for hosting clowfish and indeed al lthe clowns i had before have hosted it in minutes (percula, clarkii, skunk) but as i waked up today morning hoping the tomato will go in it, it still didnt. its a marine set up so i dont have mushrooms/corals or whatever, only the anemone in the middle of the tank on the highest spot (for lights). i have also seen that on list of matches the tomato not written to match to host the magnificent anemone. does this mean he will never host it? or maybe it takes for him longer then other clownfish?

thanks in advance for any answers.

Swayze27
06/13/2017, 09:15 PM
Tomato clowns normally are hosted by bubble tips. It may go in it, there is never any guarantee. Just give it time.

lilyost4290
06/13/2017, 09:20 PM
Just curious but why have you had four types of clowns in six months?

Also, swayze is right, give it some time. Some people claim holding videos or pictures of clowns hosting will speed up the process, but I've never tried it firsthand

dror8
06/13/2017, 09:47 PM
Just curious but why have you had four types of clowns in six months?

Also, swayze is right, give it some time. Some people claim holding videos or pictures of clowns hosting will speed up the process, but I've never tried it firsthand

first one i had was a single clarkii but after 2 months he was so aggressive to new fish that he even dragged a new small watchmen yellow gobby to the anemone and it ate it. that was what broke my patience and i returned him to the shop and replaced with a pink skunk. recently my girlfriend bought a small nano aquarium and wanted it so i gave her the pink skunk and brought too smaller then 1 inch perculas who died one after another for no apparent reason after 3 days (i think they were too small). then yesterday bought the tomato clown.

just wonder if i guide the nemo with a net to go inside the anemone will it work?

pfan151
06/13/2017, 09:59 PM
It's been a day. Need to just relax and see what happens. Magnifica isn't a natural host. Also, the tomato is going to be aggressive as well.

dror8
06/14/2017, 01:14 AM
i know it will be but ive read that clarkii and maroons are the most aggressive ones

Ryan Darilek
06/14/2017, 01:55 AM
No absolutely not... Don't force it. That could end up killing your clownfish and/or stressing both animals out. Sounds like you need to do some more research. I recommend reading up in the 'clownfish and anemone' post boards.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dror8
06/14/2017, 06:05 AM
No absolutely not... Don't force it. That could end up killing your clownfish and/or stressing both animals out. Sounds like you need to do some more research. I recommend reading up in the 'clownfish and anemone' post boards.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

first of all i saw many videos of people "forcing" it in the anemone with large tube like to make it swim to the anemone and anyways i didnt mean force it but to guide it with the net to swim to it and not using any kind of force.

ill just let it be i guess and if it happens so good.

garygb
06/14/2017, 06:55 PM
The best bet is to get a natural host/fish combination, which you don't have with a tomato and magnifica. I wouldn't be surprised if the tomato eventually goes in the anemone, but since they aren't natural hosts, all bets are off.