PDA

View Full Version : Maroon clowns and rbta in acclimation together?

Ssteve
06/13/2017, 09:42 PM
I just purchased two gold nugget maroon clowns that have been a pair at my lfs for about a month, maybe a little longer. I also picked up a rbta from a friend today. I have all three in a acclimation box right now and am wondering if it's ok for me to leave them in their together inhopes the nem hosts the clowns or am I making a mistake I'm not seeing by doing this?

humphreyhh
06/13/2017, 09:52 PM
It's not like you definitely can't do it but it's not recommended. All animals will be stressed under the acclimation process and the bonding of clown and anemone can be stressful to both the fish and the anemone. So acclimate them separately is the safest way to go but not the only way.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

oahureefer
06/13/2017, 11:21 PM
BTAs are the natural host of maroons I have never had to force the relationship

Ssteve
06/14/2017, 07:58 AM
Well thankfully it worked. Left them in there last night and this morning they won't leave the nem.

LX20000
06/14/2017, 08:13 AM
I had a Maroon in a 20 gallon. Put a RBTA in on a Tuesday night. Wednesday night, I saw the Maroon diving down and brushing against it. Thursday morning is he fully nestled in the nem. Hasn't left for the last couple months. I mean like never... unless he is dashing out for some food, and then dashes right back in. He lays in there the entire day. A nem potato.