PDA

View Full Version : Flame Wrasse Twitch

GGuy
06/14/2017, 08:41 PM
I recently purchased a pair of flame wrasse and have a question about whether or not my male flame wrasse twitching is indicative of anything.

Background:

I got the wrasse from a reputable dealer locally who kept them in a holding tank for two weeks without treatment, eating fine, no issues. I brought them home and have had them in QT for one week. The only thing I have done is raise the salinity from the dealer's 1.020 to my DT's 1.025 over 5 days. They are active and are voracious eaters. Fed twice daily with selcon soaked mysis.

The only thing I have seen is that the male occasionally twitches his head. He doesn't flash or rub himself on anything when he twitches. There are no visible indications of parasites. The female does not have this issue.

Here is a video showing of the male and what is happening:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nWJP7Ao6v6M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is this something I need to be concerned about?

Tank Parameters:
Salinity: 1.025
Temp: 77
Ammonia: 0 API (ammo alert is negative)
Nitrite: 0 API
Nitrate: 10
No stray voltage

GGuy
06/14/2017, 10:00 PM
https://youtu.be/nWJP7Ao6v6M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mishri
06/15/2017, 10:07 AM
could be flukes or something in the gills.(could be ich even) since they are eatting well probably wouldn't hurt to do a round or 2 of prazipro. you may need to do TTM or hypo if it turns out to be ich.

scuzy
06/15/2017, 11:28 AM
I would prazi and ttm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

scooter31707
06/15/2017, 12:55 PM
I would prazi and ttm

Agreed, I would do both at the same time.

GGuy
06/15/2017, 01:18 PM
I'll start around of prazi. I was hoping to avoid it because I know wrasse are sensitive to it. Does anyone have a good dosing plan for wrasse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scuzy
06/15/2017, 01:21 PM
I've moved many wrasses through prazi.