PDA

View Full Version : Female clown super aggressive

TacticalFishies
06/18/2017, 10:01 AM
I've had my clowns for about a month and a half now. One is bigger than the other and has been since I bought them. They seemed fine the first couple of weeks. The female likes to wonder around the front of the tank while the male chills at the top with the power head. So lately I've noticed the female getting really aggressive towards the male. To the point that he flops out of the tank every time she strikes his fins. Everyday he has pretty messed up fins. I assumed this was normal and it would calm down soon. Well yesterday I walked away from the tank and heard a decent sized thud. I went back to the tank to see what it was and the male was laying on the left side of the tank. So i put him back in and she continued to attack him. Im just worried the same thing will happen when im not home and he'll be a goner :( What should I do?

It's a 10 gallon tank with 2 ocellaris 1 snail and two blue leg hermits.

j.falk
06/19/2017, 05:22 AM
You better separate them before you end up with a dead fish. Get a breeder box to hang on the side of the tank and put one them in that to keep them away from each other.