PDA

View Full Version : Prazi pro bath

hairalgae85
06/20/2017, 04:22 PM
So I just got done running 3 consecutive prazi pro treatments on my 180 fowlr.

I am receiving two fish tomorrow, and rather not run prazi again on the 180 (too expensive and the water gets ugly with no skimmer for 10 days or so)

I want to know if prazi pro can be done in a separate tank, sorta like a tank transfer method setup for a day in prazi.

I get you need to run consecutive treatment in display in order to wait for the eggs to hatch.

However these two new fish would be going into a sterile tank, and not back to where they came from. The tank they would be going into has also been treated.

So I suppose I'm asking, if they go in prazi straight from bag, separate tank from display, there shouldn't be any eggs or egg laying. Would 24 hours in it be enough to kill adults in the fish, therefore making it safe to go in display?

JustinM
06/21/2017, 10:53 AM
Prazipro as a bath will rarely kill all adults and definitely not any eggs so I will say it won't work.

I am very pro qt so I will just advise running the normal procedure for prazipro and during that time observe the fish, or even TTM to eliminate ich as well.

Not the answer you probably wanted to hear but IMO it won't work effectively.

hairalgae85
06/21/2017, 02:29 PM
Prazipro as a bath will rarely kill all adults and definitely not any eggs so I will say it won't work.

I am very pro qt so I will just advise running the normal procedure for prazipro and during that time observe the fish, or even TTM to eliminate ich as well.

Not the answer you probably wanted to hear but IMO it won't work effectively.

Understood. I suppose i don't get the life cycle. Where would the eggs be? I would have thought the existing tank they come from, so that only feeding adults are in the fish? In that case I would have thought the prazi would have done it if rhe adults were on the fish, and being they are going into a sterile tank, the eggs wouldn't be in sight

JustinM
06/21/2017, 03:49 PM
While they are attached to the fish, more than likely they will not all be killed. The eggs, I am not sure, but think they fall off the fish to somewhere in the tank. I see your logic but it's like playing Russian roulette if you don't kill them all. I remember reading a thread on RC about a bath before. There were studies done on prazi baths and at different concentrations for 24 hours and the flukes were not all dying. There are also prazi resistant flukes too. I would personally rather play it safe.

scooter31707
06/22/2017, 02:37 PM
I dose PP during the TTM process.