PDA

View Full Version : Lymphocystis? - Flame Wrasse in QT

AXBROWN
06/21/2017, 11:12 AM
I was wondering if anyone could give me a second opinion on a spot that appeared on the tail of my flame wrasse. It popped up yesterday, I do not remember seeing it before then. Me and my buddy think it is possible lymphocystis, but I wan't to get some other opinions. Also, if it is lymphocystis, can I move my other two wrasses into the DT since it is the end of their QT period, or should I continue to QT all three fish until the flame wrasse clears up?

Background info:

- 3 fish in QT: Flame Wrasse Female, Pink Margin Fairy Female, Malanurus Wrasse Female.
- Treated with Prazi pro twice, 72 hours apart, 26 days ago.
- Have been in QT for 30 days as of today.
- Flame wrasse is the most submissive of the 3, eating only after the melanurus and the pink margin eat, but lately the Flame has braved up and been snatching food from the get go this past week.
- feeding PE mysis, reef frenzy, and pellets. Starting selcon today.
- I did forget to do a water change last week, so it has been 2 weeks since their last water change.
- They are in a cycled 20 gallon QT with: sand in a tuba-wear, live rock, and pvc for hiding places, powerhead, and aquaclear 50, running phosguard and rox carbon.
- Doing water change in 15 minutes.

Here are the best pictures I can get, and if possible a 7 second video, if it lets me upload it. My sister is coming over to use her big fancy cannon camera soon so I may have better pictures coming. I appreciate all of your help.

AXBROWN
06/21/2017, 11:18 AM
Here is a link to the video.https://youtu.be/TOxfhE93hJM

AXBROWN
06/21/2017, 11:50 AM
Here is the best picture my sister could get for me with her camera.

JustinM
06/21/2017, 02:52 PM
You could move all 3 fish to the DT. It looks like lympho to me. It is viral and more than likely all 3 fish have it now. It is harmless.

Just remember, wrasses have a thick slime coat and sometimes spots don't appear on their body. I would say if you haven't seen any flashing, heavy breathing, etc. then move them all.