PDA

View Full Version : 3-way solenoid?

Mickey
06/22/2017, 10:41 AM
Does anyone know where I might be able to get a 3-way solenoid that can be controlled by the Apex?

Mickey

keepLearning
06/23/2017, 03:05 PM
Controlled by apex is pretty much power on/off as I can see.......most of the electronic control solenoid s can be controlled by apex?????use the port 4/8 to be safe ��

Mickey
06/25/2017, 02:09 PM
I haven't had any luck finding a reasonably priced 3-way solenoid, electric. Any ideas where to look?

keepLearning
06/26/2017, 03:32 PM
Double post

keepLearning
06/26/2017, 04:03 PM
I found a bunch just by typing "three way solenoid valve" on Google search box.... hint: eBay has a bunch of them listed

Mickey
06/27/2017, 07:36 AM
Believe it or not, I had tried google and ebay before I posted and had trouble finding some suitable for a reef tank environment, or they were very expensive, or they were manual controls. I knew I had seen a vendor on ebay previously but couldn't find it again. Maybe I just had a bad day. Thanks for not flaming me for stupidity.:hmm3:

Stolireef
06/27/2017, 06:04 PM
I've been looking for the exact same thing so I can flush my RO/DI before I start refilling my ATO reservoir. If you find one, please please please post here.

radiata
06/28/2017, 02:37 PM
I've been looking for the exact same thing so I can flush my RO/DI before I start refilling my ATO reservoir. If you find one, please please please post here.

Why do you need a three way for this? I automated mine with two separate solenoid valves. I have it set to flush the membrane for 1 minute every time the RODI is activated.

keepLearning
06/28/2017, 02:42 PM
This one claims it has 2 or 3 ways. I can't find a picture of the 3 way valve on their web site
https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=102485&catid=803

I did find some all plastic 2 way valves for $6-7 each on ebay.... They, however, charge more for the normally open, like $12

You can build a 3 ways valve using 2 of the 2-way valves; 1 is normally open and 1 is normally close!

keepLearning
06/28/2017, 02:45 PM
Thanks for sharing Radiata. Why do you need 2 2-way solenoids? I thought just 1 2-way solenoid and a T would be enough.....

Why do you need a three way for this? I automated mine with two separate solenoid valves. I have it set to flush the membrane for 1 minute every time the RODI is activated.

radiata
06/28/2017, 05:00 PM
Thanks for sharing Radiata. Why do you need 2 2-way solenoids? I thought just 1 2-way solenoid and a T would be enough.....

I have no idea how to control both RODI flow and a timed Membrane flush with a single on-off valve. On my setup I have one such valve between the Carbon Module and the Membrane Module (for turning the whole RODI unit on and off) and the other replacing a manual Membrane Flush Valve (for turning the Membrane flush on and off).

keepLearning
06/28/2017, 08:12 PM
If the mechanical valve is replace with an electronic one then you have the flush kit controlled by the apex right?

say power on to open the valve for the input water and then open this valve for 30 seconds to flush the membrane...then shuts it off after 30 seconds. Shut the input water when the flow switch says the water reservoir is full.....Does that work?

http://www.purewateroccasional.net/Images/roflushkit2.jpg

I have no idea how to control both RODI flow and a timed Membrane flush with a single on-off valve. On my setup I have one such valve between the Carbon Module and the Membrane Module (for turning the whole RODI unit on and off) and the other replacing a manual Membrane Flush Valve (for turning the Membrane flush on and off).

radiata
06/29/2017, 12:03 PM
Yes, that sounds like it. I used optical water level sensors in my water reservoir - I don't trust mechanical float switches. You don't need an FMM to use the opticals (which are pretty cheap on eBay), there's a guy here on RC who is making BOBs that work with both optical sensors and any other normal BOB attachments.