PDA

View Full Version : Care tips for a Walt Disney Acro?

Rcj520
06/24/2017, 09:54 AM
I just placed an order for a Walt Disney acro. About a 1" frag of it. What do owners of it suggest care and placement wise for best color? I know the colors on these can be a bit difficult to keep. I have gen 4 radion xr30 pros running the corals labs ab sps program as well as plenty of flow from mp40s. I also currently have stable water parameters using red seas sps growth parameters and the full Red Sea coral care program including the coral colors. Thanks guys. Appreciate the insight in advance

swk
06/24/2017, 09:56 AM
It's a tenius so it's pretty hearty. If you want it to look like mikes pics then you'll need to match his style of keeping and even that is no guarantee. I would just keep it like you keep your rest your acro's and see what happens after a few months

Hentz
06/24/2017, 10:09 AM
Mine is growing quick and colorful at around 250 PAR using my Hydra 26HD with a mock profile of SPS AB+ from Ecotech Marine. I just moved and caused some stress on my Acropora so they aren't looking AS good. However, my Walt Disney (from Mike) is the healthiest looking piece in my tank!

Salinity: 1.026
Calcium: 420ppm
Alk: 7.5dKH
Magnesium: 1300
Nitrates: 5-10ppm
Phosphates: 0.02

jda
06/26/2017, 08:51 AM
It is just like every other hair tenius. Pretty easy if you have a stable tank and can grow other acropora.

My only suggestion is that you don't freak out if you don't get the color and pop like you see online. It is not you - it is colorful, just not the same as the photoshopped stuff online. Search for the threads before you start to redo your whole tank... :)