PDA

View Full Version : First Mag

Rio1969
06/24/2017, 08:02 PM
I got my first mag yesterday. It was deflated when it first arrived but by this morning it was fully inflated and looking good. As a precaution I am doing 7 days of Cipro.
The first photo is how it looked when it first arrived, the second was taken this morning after I put on the lights.

OrionN
06/26/2017, 08:07 AM
Have something for him to attache to. Remove anemone from the tank is stressful for them, especially new anemone. If he attached to a piece of rock or mug, just move the whole think to DT when the time come. They then craw onto the rock and you can remove the object. You don't have to stress them and don't even need to turn off the flow on transfer to DT.
Looking good. What color is he?

Rio1969
06/26/2017, 08:37 AM
I have put a clay saucer in the tank but he just touches and does not climb on to it. Not sure about the color as yet.

davocean
06/26/2017, 08:56 AM
I agree and I use a cup or bowl, if it's higher they will usually crawl up for light, and a smooth surface is not only better for them but it makes easy to remove them.

Don't be surprised if it goes back and forth from looking good to bad at first few days of treatment, and follow protocol exactly w/ WC's and night time dosing meds

Good luck

OrionN
06/26/2017, 09:18 AM
Get something higher and he will climb up on it. They like high flow and high light so given a choice they will climb.

Rio1969
06/26/2017, 09:41 AM
Get something higher and he will climb up on it. They like high flow and high light so given a choice they will climb.
Thanks, will try something else when I get home.

Joao Coimbra
06/30/2017, 04:23 PM
Great nem!

Rio1969
06/30/2017, 05:39 PM
Great nem!
Thanks, he is doing real good. I just completed 7 days of cipro, I am doing one more day. He has not deflated since I put him in the tank.

Rio1969
07/16/2017, 06:32 PM
I thought I would give you guys an update on my mag. For 11 days he stayed anchored to the spot he landed on in the quarantine tank, even refusing to climb up on the bowl I put next to him. On day 12 he started to wander all over the tank. On day 13 I put my new percula clownfish in with him, the clown ignored him. Due to a sudden unplanned trip I had to move both of them to the day tank as I was going to be away for a week. The mag continue to wander all over the tank for 8 more days. On day 8 in the day tank the clownfish decided to move into the mag, since then the mag has not moved. He is currently half way up the front glass near to a powerhead, I am not happy with his location (can only see his foot) but he seems to be very happy there.