PDA

View Full Version : Green Chromis & Anthias Shoals

brianbrainstein
06/24/2017, 10:30 PM
I'm thinking about adding a 5-7 chromis and 5-7 anthias to my 220 within the next few months. I wouldn't do this at the same time, however, I'm curious as to everyone's thoughts on the QT procedures.

My current QT setup is a 20 gallon long. Would it be disastrous to attempt to QT 7 green chromis in a 20 long? If so, has anyone had success adding two batches of chromis at different times?

Same sort of questions for the Anthias. For those I'd likely go with lyretail, maybe a few bartlets down the road.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carrots
06/25/2017, 06:00 PM
I QT'ed 8 small blue green Chromis in a 10 gallon without any issues. I used copper & later Prozipro. I used the same 10 gallon and process for QT of 3 Bartlet Anthias. A month later I adding them to the Display with the Chromis and have had no problems, everyone gets along great.

brianbrainstein
06/26/2017, 12:14 PM
Thanks Carrots! I'm glad you didn't have any issues doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WLachnit
06/26/2017, 04:06 PM
I agree that that should be fine in a 20 long. Even easier if you are doing TTM.

lg2725
06/26/2017, 04:53 PM
Chromis are notorious carriers of uronema. Definitely put them through a vigorous 5-6 week QT procedure at the conclusion of TTM. Just watch your ammonia levels with that many fish during TTM.That should look pretty cool with those amounts of shoaling fish. Good luck.