PDA

View Full Version : Best place to custom order a tank from?

Valentini89
06/25/2017, 12:46 PM
So far my best bet is customaquariums.com but I was wondering if there is a better place, maybe a bit less expensive? Best price so far is a little over $2,000 for a 60Lx30x30 drilled and I only want glass.. no acrylic because I've heard how easy it can scratch.

JVan82
06/25/2017, 01:04 PM
Check out reefstaraquarium.com saw their work at reef-a-poloosa was very impressed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wcu
06/25/2017, 06:48 PM
Never used them, but www.glasscages.com seems pretty cool and reasonable. I've come close to using them a few times.

Valentini89
06/25/2017, 07:23 PM
Never used them, but www.glasscages.com seems pretty cool and reasonable. I've come close to using them a few times.

Thanks, yeah I have already sent an email to them for a quote :)

jccaclimber
06/25/2017, 07:29 PM

I would consider them for an in wall where you don't see the seams, but maybe not for a display. I've seen a lot of Glass Cages tanks that make the silicone work in Aqueon tanks look like a masterpiece. That said, I ordered some cut glass from them last year and the other tanks in the delivery truck looked good, so maybe things have improved. You might want to do some digging there, just in case there is still a reason they're the price leader.

Valentini89
06/25/2017, 07:48 PM
I would consider them for an in wall where you don't see the seams, but maybe not for a display. I've seen a lot of Glass Cages tanks that make the silicone work in Aqueon tanks look like a masterpiece. That said, I ordered some cut glass from them last year and the other tanks in the delivery truck looked good, so maybe things have improved. You might want to do some digging there, just in case there is still a reason they're the price leader.

Thanks

EdKruzel
06/26/2017, 05:27 AM
My current tank is from glasscages.com. It's a 65gal cube and a real beast. The tank weighs about 155lbs dry. You have to order the acrylic cover for an overflow since the glass is cut straight, no strainer.

I certainly recommend glasscages, I'm ordering a RR 180 wide next.

der_wille_zur_macht
06/26/2017, 05:40 AM
I like miraclesaquariums.com. They did the tank for a 700g museum installation I was involved in. Really great work, great price, good service. The tank itself is beautiful and built to spec including a lot of specific details.

carrots
06/26/2017, 06:00 AM
If you are looking for a beautiful display tank make sure to check out Coast to Coast in Tom's River NJ. They are pricey, but the quality is obvious & worth the extra $ IMO. Too nice for a basement tank.