PDA

View Full Version : Identify

Husker0520
06/26/2017, 01:50 PM
Can anyone help me identify what this is exactly? My LFS didnt know but i love the way it looks. Its doing great in my tank. Its been in for 2 weeks now, but i hate not knowing what it is.

Husker0520
06/26/2017, 01:54 PM
This one is also unidentified. Any help is greatly appreciated!

patiof
06/27/2017, 09:10 AM
Can anyone help me identify what this is exactly? My LFS didnt know but i love the way it looks. Its doing great in my tank. Its been in for 2 weeks now, but i hate not knowing what it is.

that's what most would consider and LPS, or chalice coral. my guess would be an oxypora.

eastlake
06/28/2017, 06:43 AM
the first one looks like a Hollywood stunner or alien eye chalice, live aquaria has it listed as an Echinopora sp., and the second one is a blastomussa or blaso. Both Large polyp stony coral and both relatively easy to care for.

inthedeep2
06/28/2017, 09:43 AM
the first one looks like a Hollywood stunner or alien eye chalice, live aquaria has it listed as an Echinopora sp., and the second one is a blastomussa or blaso. Both Large polyp stony coral and both relatively easy to care for.

+1 my thoughts exactly be careful with the first one give it a good amount of room all the way around. it will send out sweeper tentacles and sting what ever is near. its a powerful sting to other corals and will likely kill the coral.

patiof
06/29/2017, 10:25 AM

that looks even better, and i'm pretty sure i even had it in a tank at some point. :o

Ncord
07/04/2017, 08:33 AM

Eats lake is right you have a Hollywood stunner / alien eye chalice. Got mine a little smaller the. Yours about 1yr ago.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170704/a6e035af636c260b510f10463fcc72fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk