PDA

View Full Version : 210 Peninsula Display build

Otiss
06/28/2017, 04:19 PM
Has been a slow process but I have my 210 Peninsula setup in our living room. I initially bought It as a stand, canopy tank package and got a great deal on it. Tank is acrylic and was custom built a year ago. Has an internal 16" overflow.

Specs:
2- 1.5" drain lines
1- 1.5" return that tees off right below the bulkheads into two 3/4" returns into the tank.

SUMP:

I have a 125 gallon sump that sits about 15ft away in my basement under the tank.

I am running a reef octopus SRO 3000 with a couple 7" filter socks in the first chamber. I also run a brs dual reactor for GFO and Carbon. Although I would like to get an algae scrubber.

My basement is unfinished so it stays cool all year around. For this reason I am using a hot water recirculating pump with pex off of my hot water to heat the tank that is ran by the tank controller. Has been running great and I have not seen an increase in my gas bill AT ALL.

I am not a huge fan of the current canopy as it shows the water line on the tank. Any suggestions on a canopy that would allow full access and still look good?

Also looking for flow ideas. I have some 3000 + GPH powerheads in there now but the issue I am running into is the 3/4" acrylic on the sides. Magnets say they are strong enough, but they arent. I really wish I would have put a closed loop on the tank.... )Pretty Sure I have OCD. not a huge fan at looking at powerheads or cords. I want to make sure I have enough flow going back towards the overflow.

Excuse the new-tank diatoms. Only one light running right now to keep algae at bay.

ace_92101
06/29/2017, 12:17 AM
Very nice tank. I'm looking forward to following your progress.

Devaji108
06/29/2017, 10:53 AM
yeah nice set up! some day I am going to have a large peninsula tank...some day...
keep us posted. fallowing

Otiss
07/12/2017, 01:59 PM
Tank is still doing well. here are some more pictures of how I have the basement sump and frag tank setup.

This is the simple plumbing under the tank with the two overflows and the returns. I ran the plumbing through the living room wall and through the floor to the sump.

Otiss
07/12/2017, 02:01 PM
using a RO sr03000 on the main display and I have been very pleased with how well it works.

I have a RO 150INT on my frag tank and that works equally as well.

Otiss
07/12/2017, 02:03 PM
I heat my main display and 125G sump with a closed loop powered by a hot water pump and my water heater. This is controlled by my reef keeper and it does a great job and costs very little to run.

My basement is unfinished so the tank runs much cooler than most tanks.

Otiss
07/12/2017, 02:04 PM
I have a 40g frag tank next to my sump that runs with its own sump located below it. Nothing too special here.

Otiss
07/12/2017, 02:08 PM
Here is my control panel that runs most of the tank and frag tank. I do run two seperate reef keeper controllers, one for the main and one for the frag tank.

***still working on the wire mess*** luckily no one is ever in our basement other than for laundry and of course working on the tank.

I have a simple water mixing station setup with two brute 44g containers. One for RODI and the other for mixing salt.

The salt mixing barrel has a jabao pump hooked up to a manifold located about 5 feet away that either feeds water back into the barrel (for mixing) or I can open up different ball valves to do water changed on the 3 different tanks downstairs.

I have the main return pump plumbed into a pipe in the ceiling that goes over to my sink making it as easy as turning a ball valve to pump water out and then turning another ball valve to pump fresh saltwater back into the tank for a water change.