PDA

View Full Version : I lost a piece of my gyre need help

NanoReefWanabe
06/29/2017, 06:39 AM
Hey guys I was cleaning the pump and when I reassembled it the bearing/ bushing What ever is on the out side end of the rotors popped out and went down the drain..i am trying to order new ones but I have no idea what it is called...

It is an xf150... any help is greatly appreciated

neilp2006
06/29/2017, 06:43 AM
Have you tried opening up the u- trap under the sink? That's what it for. It might still be down in there if you haven't flushed too much water through it.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pablos RSM 450
06/29/2017, 07:04 AM
I recently ordered replacement parts for my gyre. Go to the coralvue website. They have pictures of the parts.

http://www.coralvue.com/maxspect-gyre-parts-2

ericarenee
06/29/2017, 07:10 AM
Have you tried opening up the u- trap under the sink? That's what it for. It might still be down in there if you haven't flushed too much water through it.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it could be inside the P-TRAP.... BUT Never in the U trap

Smokey Stover
06/29/2017, 07:11 AM
Pablos beat me to it, Brace yourself for sticker shock lol,

NanoReefWanabe
06/29/2017, 08:39 AM
It was one the bathtub..p trap is fixed and inaccessible...i was looking at jl aquatic they hange like 4 different ones listed $6... just didn't know which one I lost lol.. thanks guys

NanoReefWanabe
06/29/2017, 08:50 AM
Anyone know if I order the ruggedized prop set do the cages come with the bushings? I was going to order the props sneezy

Mishri
06/29/2017, 02:56 PM
did you already go through all of your spares? Mine came with spares of everything you need... except for the mount bushing... that might be what you lost.

-since they sell the bushing separately and it doesn't mention it i'd assume no.. but you can ask them.

NanoReefWanabe
06/29/2017, 03:46 PM
did you already go through all of your spares? Mine came with spares of everything you need... except for the mount bushing... that might be what you lost.

-since they sell the bushing separately and it doesn't mention it i'd assume no.. but you can ask them.
Duh totally forgot there is spares in the box...i will have to check them...i want to order new props anyway since several blades have broken off anyway... are the ruggedized really worth the extra money?

Mishri
06/29/2017, 04:15 PM
I'm not sure.. i've been running mine for over 2 years and haven't lost any blades. I stopped taking mine apart to clean it and found if I just run it over hot water it cleans it well enough, scrub the outside. and I stopped needing to replace bushings after I stopped taking it apart for cleaning. I have 2... one of them I've never taken apart and it works great.

NanoReefWanabe
06/30/2017, 11:06 AM
I'm not sure.. i've been running mine for over 2 years and haven't lost any blades. I stopped taking mine apart to clean it and found if I just run it over hot water it cleans it well enough, scrub the outside. and I stopped needing to replace bushings after I stopped taking it apart for cleaning. I have 2... one of them I've never taken apart and it works great.
Thank you...i just bought it used... didn't know my way around it yet... now I know better... just going to run it in vinegar from now on, rounder and replace...too many small parts