PDA

View Full Version : No response from Tunze email assistance RE osmolator

drtechno
06/29/2017, 12:38 PM
Hi guys

Sent a couple emails via the Tunze website but still havent gotten a response, so not sure if it got lost in someone's junk mail or something.

My osmolator no longer activates my pump. I have replaced the osmolator pump with a new unit, but still nothing. The osmolator sensors seem to be working properly in terms of water level detection and too high alarms, but the pump light and pump will not turn on when the water level is too low. The unit is over 3 years old so I'm pretty sure its not under warranty, but is there a way to get it repaired rather than having to buy an entirely new unit?

Thanks all !

rvitko
06/29/2017, 02:37 PM
My apologies, I do answer all the emails I get if I can, sometimes I get an email from the Tunze.com website and it has no reply address so I cannot reply, those emails come to me with the reply address as DO NOT REPLY and unless the address portion of the form is completed I have no way to contact the sender. Replies come from Tunze at sbcglobal dot net so you might check if you have any emails from that address. I have answered to my knowledge every email I have received before 1pm today Central time.

What you describe matches a burned out transistor on a unit made before late 2011, the transistor could burn out due to an overload from a bad pump, this cannot be repaired. If you were to send it in, I would see if this was indeed the cause and if it was maybe something else I could repair, but I am pretty sure this is the cause. I can offer a discounted replacement controller.

drtechno
06/29/2017, 04:20 PM
My apologies, I do answer all the emails I get if I can, sometimes I get an email from the Tunze.com website and it has no reply address so I cannot reply, those emails come to me with the reply address as DO NOT REPLY and unless the address portion of the form is completed I have no way to contact the sender. Replies come from Tunze at sbcglobal dot net so you might check if you have any emails from that address. I have answered to my knowledge every email I have received before 1pm today Central time.

What you describe matches a burned out transistor on a unit made before late 2011, the transistor could burn out due to an overload from a bad pump, this cannot be repaired. If you were to send it in, I would see if this was indeed the cause and if it was maybe something else I could repair, but I am pretty sure this is the cause. I can offer a discounted replacement controller.

No problems :) I figured there must have been some mix up.

In any case, I'll send u a PM but it does probably mean I'll need replacement controller.

Jakub