PDA

View Full Version : ready to start stocking??

prosper
07/01/2017, 10:01 AM
hi, I set up a 38 gallon tank, and its nearing the 3 week mark... I started it with live sand, LR from my LFS... I added bio-spire and 1 SMALL percula clown.
I tested the essential parameters and they are as follows,

Temperature:77
Salinity:1.023
Nitrate:>5ppm (test read 0)
Ammonia:0ppm

I have been doing 10 percent water changes weekly, and topping the tank off with mixed saltwater to bring the salinity to 1.026...

I don't know what order I should be adding my fish... and theres a couple I really like but I'm not so sure about yet, so far this is what I have (loosely planned)

1 more Percula, (or could I do a black occelaris???)
1 Fire goby
1 royal gramma
1 shrimp/goby pair
now I also really like the splendid dotty back, and I like hawkfish, but both would be too aggressive for a tank like this right?

now I will be adding these SLOWLY (1 fish every 2 weeks) I just don't know what order I should add these little guys and I know if I let certain fish in before others they could decide the whole tank is their's and kill/beat up anything added at a later date. so where should I go from here?I was thinking a school of 5-10 vlaamingi tang?

:confused:

thanks,

Prosper

prosper
07/01/2017, 10:03 AM
also I've been minimally feeding the clown mess, strained from all the juice frozen in with the cube...

Smells_fishy
07/01/2017, 03:43 PM
A school of tangs in a 38 gallon is a no go.

You could add a black and white ocellaris with your percula.

Your tank is only 3 weeks old. I would wait a few weeks and watch your parameters before adding additional live stock.

prosper
07/01/2017, 06:59 PM
I was completely kidding with the tang thing btw I just thought that was funny because that tank is like 20 times too small for that many big tangs