PDA

View Full Version : Clown Jumper!!

Timmo760
07/03/2017, 07:28 PM
so to set the stage, I got called into work yesterday evening. worked through the night and got home around 8am this morning.

so I do what probably most of you do and the first thing I do when I get home is to look at the tank real quick. I have a somewhat new tank, about 10 weeks old from start up. just have a hawk fish and 2 "fancy" clowns.

walked in the house and saw only one clown swimming, got closer to the tank and still didn't see it. at the base of the stand there was the other clown on the carpet. it looked dry, like its been on the floor at least a few hours.

I picked it up expecting it to be dead and to throw it in the trash and it started flopping its tail!! I couldn't believe it!! because like I said it was so dry I was certain it was dead. I immediately put the clown in the water. it barely would swim, I felt so bad. the longer it was in the water the more it started to swim instead of floating around disoriented.

I went and took a shower and came back and looked at the tank and the fish was swimming around almost normal. now most of the day has gone by and the fish is acting completely normal and eats no problem!! so stoked!!

I wasn't sure how many others ran into this and the fish lived...well so far. so I am now looking into a mesh top for the tank lol.

Ryan Darilek
07/03/2017, 07:48 PM
Holy crap!! That's incredible!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Timmo760
07/03/2017, 07:55 PM
thats what I keep thing every time I look at the tank now lol!!

DancingShark
07/03/2017, 08:02 PM
Can't say that for Johansson my clown fish.
Was dry and kind of flat already. Only scarlett left. My it has a buddy in qt right now.

Timmo760
07/03/2017, 08:11 PM
sorry about your clown. I was certain mine was a goner for sure. I just lucked out I guess

davocean
07/03/2017, 08:36 PM
Not a clown, but a FW clown knife, it had jumped and was so dry, I don't even know why I put it back in tank, and it dropped to the bottom like a leaf from a tree, zig zag to the bottom.
I was a kid, did not know better, figured eh, bathroom is all the way downstairs, it's late, I'll grab and flush it in the morning.
Next morning I woke and it was swimming like nothing happened.
Now no matter what I at least try.

Timmo760
07/03/2017, 08:49 PM
I will always try from now on too lol. when I put the fish in the tank it was like your as far as a moving leaf but not falling to the bottom, more just moving its body than swimming lol. definitely happy to not lose a fish today.