PDA

View Full Version : help me ID this anemone please

zortru
07/03/2017, 08:53 PM
Hi

I bought this anemone, I know its a bbt but i don't know the specific species, if anyone can help me would be great, and if anyone knows how much one would cost just so I know if I overpaid.

tks

Thales Manarin

ginpang
07/05/2017, 05:02 AM
Entacmea quadricolor is the species. There are no subspecies accepted logged in to the world register of marine species as of now.
Taxonomy epithet quadricolor meaning four coloured.

Pricing has a lot to do with availability and the amount of travelling it had to do to get to you...
also factored into the cost is the time and efforts the reseller took to ensure the health and well being of the specimen ....in other words pricing is very relative.
And often cheaper for a beginner hobbyist ( less than 5-6 years let's say ) is not better.

If you're in North America close in or close to an urban center prices usually range from 35$ to 100$ depending on rarity of colour .

I regretted passing on a hot fluorescent pink one about 3.5 x the size of yours for 120$ though I'd never pay that much for a green or a regular rose.

Yours seems like a rainbow colour. They seem to be getting fairly common in the U.S. .
Not so much here in [emoji1063].

Cheers

Like I said really relative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zortru
07/05/2017, 06:09 PM
Entacmea quadricolor is the species. There are no subspecies accepted logged in to the world register of marine species as of now.
Taxonomy epithet quadricolor meaning four coloured.

Pricing has a lot to do with availability and the amount of travelling it had to do to get to you...
also factored into the cost is the time and efforts the reseller took to ensure the health and well being of the specimen ....in other words pricing is very relative.
And often cheaper for a beginner hobbyist ( less than 5-6 years let's say ) is not better.

If you're in North America close in or close to an urban center prices usually range from 35$ to 100$ depending on rarity of colour .

I regretted passing on a hot fluorescent pink one about 3.5 x the size of yours for 120$ though I'd never pay that much for a green or a regular rose.

Yours seems like a rainbow colour. They seem to be getting fairly common in the U.S. .
Not so much here in [emoji1063].

Cheers

Like I said really relative

wow thank you very much, but I'm not from the US, I'm from Brazil. I paid the equivalent of 70$, I thought it was a bit expensive but Its pretty hard to find anemones to buy where I live so I went for it.

ginpang
07/05/2017, 09:28 PM
Sounds good [emoji108]

aznflyfisherman
07/07/2017, 09:35 AM
Looks like a rainbow bta to me, mine looks like that for the smaller ones.